Friendly reminder to complete your 2020 Census at 2020census.gov. Every kid counts!
School Year 2020-21 Enrollment Guidance and Frequently Asked Questions
DCPS is excited to open enrollment to our families and welcome new students to our community! We are proud to serve more than 51,000 students and thrilled to launch School Year 2020-2021 (SY20-21) with your family.
For information on DCPS’ response to COVID-19, please visit https://dcps.dc.gov/coronavirus. To help mitigate the spread of COVID-19 in our region, all DCPS school buildings are currently closed and distance learning is underway. Please find an official update to enrollment processes and deadlines. These guidelines will be in place through the end of the school year on Friday, May 29, 2020. The following is current as of Monday, April 27, 2020.
Key updates to the SY20-21 enrollment process and deadlines:
- An electronic submission process for SY20-21 enrollment is available starting Monday, April 27. Access the enrollment packet here.
- My School DC has extended the deadline to claim your matched seat. Families have until 5:00pm on Monday, June 15 to enroll and claim their seat.
Complete SY20-21 Enrollment for Your Child
1. Read the Frequently Asked Questions.
2. Gather necessary supporting documentation for upload as needed:
NEW to any DCPS school
- One proof of age – examples include a birth certificate, hospital records, previous school records, passport, or baptismal certificate
- Proof of DC residency – see the Residency Form for a complete list of acceptable documents and verification method.
RETURNING to your current DCPS school
- Proof of DC residency – see the Residency Form for a complete list of acceptable documents and verification methods
3. Complete the SY20-21 electronic submission enrollment packet.
- Contact your school if you need help completing the electronic enrollment packet or if you cannot access the electronic submission process.