UPCOMING School Year 2021-22 Enrollment Guidance and Frequently Asked Questions
DCPS is excited to open enrollment on Friday, April 2, 2021 to our families and welcome new students to our community! We are proud to serve nearly 50,000 students and thrilled to launch School Year 2021-2022 (SY21-22) enrollment with your family.
For information on DCPS’ response to COVID-19, please visit DCPSReopenStrong.com.
Complete SY21-22 Enrollment for Your Child
1. Read the Frequently Asked Questions.
2. Gather necessary supporting documentation for upload as needed:
NEW to any DCPS school
- One proof of age – examples include a birth certificate, hospital records, previous school records, passport, or baptismal certificate
- Proof of DC residency – see the Residency Form for a complete list of acceptable documents and verification method.
RETURNING to your current DCPS school
- Proof of DC residency – see the Residency Form for a complete list of acceptable documents and verification methods
3. Complete the SY21-22 electronic submission enrollment packet electronically or in-person at your school.
- Guidance videos for electronic enrollment, in-boundary schools and the DC Residency Verification Form will be available soon.
- Contact your school if you need help completing the electronic enrollment packet or if you cannot access the electronic submission process.
- Please refer to our Enrollment Policies. Still have a question? Contact us.