About 2018-2019 Lottery Results
DC Public Schools continues to see high demand from families living in all eight wards, with more students applying through the lottery, matching, and joining waitlists than in 2017-2018. Lottery results by school and grade are available below. These results reflect applications from students and families for pre-kindergarten programs (PK3 and PK4) and for K-12 seats in citywide, selective, out-of-boundary, and other schools beyond a student’s school of right. Students and families do not need to submit a lottery application in order to attend their in-boundary school (K-12), to re-enroll in their current school, or to enroll in a geographic or programmatic feeder school.
- 17,883 students applied to a DCPS school, an increase of 14 percent or 2,159 students for the 2018-2019 school year.
- 6,088 students received a match, with 205 additional 3- and 4-year-olds and 169 additional elementary students matching to a DCPS school.
- A total of 9,511 individual students were waitlisted 26,562 times, with 44 percent waitlisted at just one school and 73 percent waitlisted at one to three campuses.
- The greatest demand continues to center in pre-kindergarten grades with 3,510 3- and 4-year-olds waitlisted 11,364 times.
- School Year 2018-2019 DCPS Lottery Data is current as of March 30th, 2018. For the most current information on individual school waitlist lengths, please contact schools directly.