About Lottery Results
DC Public Schools continues to see high-demand from families with five consecutive years of enrollment growth and more students applying through the lottery, matched, and placed on waitlists. This application season, DCPS saw a more than 5 percent increase in the number of applications for a seat at a DCPS school. There are 8,864 individual students on waitlists to attend one or more DC Public School in School Year 2017-2018, a 3.6 percent increase over last year’s 8,551 students. In total 24,383 applications are in waitlist status to attend a DCPS school, a 6 percent increase from 23,048 last year.
- The greatest demand continues to be in pre-kindergarten grades (ages 3 and 4) with waitlists across DCPS totaling 10,891 applications.
- Wards 3 and 6 have the longest waitlists, each with more than 7,000 applications in waitlist status.
- Newly opened schools have growing demand, including Ron Brown College Preparatory High School, which has a waitlist of 42 students, and Van Ness Elementary which has a waitlist of 444 students.
- Full Lottery results can be filtered by grade and campus program (e.g. a dual-language program within a school).
- School Year 2017-2018 DCPS Lottery Data is current as of March 31, 2017. For the most current information on individual school waitlist lengths, please contact schools directly.
- My School DC will be posting the number of open seats available by May 1, 2017.