About 2019-2020 Lottery Results
DC Public Schools continues to see high demand from families living in all eight wards, with more students applying through the lottery and matching than in 2018-2019. Lottery results by school and grade are available below. These results reflect applications from students and families for pre-kindergarten programs (PK3 and PK4) and for K-12 seats in citywide, selective, out-of-boundary, and other schools beyond a student’s school of right. Students and families do not need to submit a lottery application in order to attend their in-boundary school (K-12), to re-enroll in their current school, or to enroll in a geographic or programmatic feeder school
- 18,655 students applied to a DCPS school, an increase of 4 percent or 772 students for the 2019-2020 school year.
- 7,222 students received a match, an increase across all grade bands of 1,134 or 19 percent compared to 2018-19.
- A total of 9,437 individual students were waitlisted 26,395 times, with 44 percent waitlisted at one school and 73 percent waitlisted at 1- 3 schools or programs.
- The greatest demand continues to center in pre-kindergarten grades, with 3,604 3- and 4-year-olds waitlisted 11,820 times.
- School Year 2019-2020 DCPS Lottery Data is current as of March 29th, 2019. For the most current information on individual school waitlist lengths, please contact schools directly.